We generally do a one day retreat every full moon, and a seven day retreat on the solstices and equinoxes. In the summer we also do a series of wilderness retreats. All retreats are offered on a donation basis. If you cannot attend a whole retreat, it is sometimes possible to come for part. Please let us know ahead of time if you are interested.
You can also read our previous Retreat Poems
We had our first wilderness retreat of the year in early July, with several people summiting Wy’east. That was followed by our first trip to Seekseekqua (Mt. Jefferson) in August. Please contact us for upcoming retreats in town this winter.
Sample In-town Retreat Schedule (each retreat might vary):
- 4:50 Wake
- 5:00 Sitting/Vocal Practice/Sitting/Qigong/Yogasanas
- 8:oo Breakfast (oryoki) and break
- 9:10 Tea, Sitting/Walking x3
- 12:00 Open Practice
- 12:30 Lunch (oryoki) and break
- 2:00 Tea
- 2:15 Sitting x3
- 4:30 Evening Vocal Practice / Taiji, or Open Practice
- 6:o0 Sitting x3 (with evening small meal and talk)
- 9pm Nine Bows
- If you have never participated in one of our retreats, please schedule an orientation.
- Sitting periods are approximately 40 minutes.
- Times are approximate
- Retreats are silent except during talk/question and answer periods.